GPHQ is a private website designed for Western Australian General Practitioners (“GPs”) to use while they work and to assist them with their day-to-day workload. It allows GPs to connect with each other, in relation to clinical and non-clinical matters, both universal and those specific to Western Australia. GPs can easily access information regarding continuing professional development (CPD) events and post job classifieds. GPHQ also provides listings of specialists that GPs can search and easily find relevant information relating to referrals when required. Specialists’ contact details and areas of special interest are easily found using the GPHQ website and there are opportunities for specialists to connect directly with GPs in relation to specific special interest in our “Meet the Specialist” section. These details are not available to the general public.
Information we collect and how the information is collected
- We collect information from doctors, both GPs and Specialists, event organisers and advertisers, recruitment agents. The type of information we collect depends on your specific relationship with us. It allows us to provide a website that is relevant to you and your needs.
- To join as a GP we will need your name, practice details (Group, address, phone numbers and email), qualifications, special interests, years working as a GP. To join as a Specialist we will need your name, practice details (Group, address, phone numbers and email), AHPRA number, qualifications and details of authorised person to manage profile.
- To advertise with us we will need your name, business address/phone number, email address, company, your role/job title and maybe some form of identification.
- To place an event we will require name and contact details of organisers, speakers, content, location, time of event and maybe some form of identification.
- To recruit with us we will need your name, business address/phone number, email address, company, your role/job title maybe some form of identification.
- When you register, you are required to submit information for verification and so that we can contact you.
- We receive additional digital data:
- We receive data to verify you are a doctor
- We receive data about you whenever you use the site (ie; visiting a GPHQ page
- We receive data about IP addresses that access the website
- We store search information in order to improve the service we provide
- -We may obtain data from our affiliates customers and other third parties that help us (or them)deliver sponsored content
- We will store emails you send us. These may be shared with GPHQ employees.
- We may aggregate your personal information with others anonymously and prepare reports.
- Only with your consent, may we share your information with other parties in relation to future events.
- In the event of a sale, acquisition, merger or bankruptcy of GPHQ, your information may be transferred to a third party.
- Feedback from the user is crucial in the development of the website. This is easily done by clicking on the feedback link at the bottom of each page. This information will not be shared with other parties and will not be linked to your identity.
- Competitions, surveys and promotions may require you to provide extra personal information. Some of this could be disclosed publicly eg; announcing prize winners. It may be shared with sponsors or providers.
- We do not collect or store credit card information. For this we use stripe.
How we use and share your information
Other organisations may assist us to pay for the delivery of the site to you and this will also help GPHQ improve and develop the website further. These will be largely Australian websites but some may be based overseas in Europe, the US or Asia. You may be directed to pages which contain commercial content but you are under no obligation to engage with these. We may market to you directly unless you tell us otherwise. You will be able to opt in or opt out of direct marketing. Users will be added to Mailchimp mailing lists on sign up for all accounts. As required, Mailchimp includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option on all mail sent out so users can manage their own subscriptions to direct marketing.
Cookies are small text files, given ID tags that are stored on your computer’s browser directory or program data subfolders. Cookies are created when you use your browser to visit our website that allows us to keep track of your movements within the site, help you resume where you left off, remember your registered login, theme selection, preferences, and other customization functions. GPHQ stores a corresponding file(with same ID tag)to the one they set in your browser and in this file they can track and keep information on your movements within the site and any information you may have voluntarily given while visiting the website, such as email address.
How we store your information
GPHQ is controlled by WordPress user management system. Information is stored in the registration forms. Sucuri security is used on the website as well. This is ‘hardening tool’ to lock down the database & files of the website.
How we secure your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your information is secure but can’t fully eliminate risk. We endeavour to protect your information from misuse, loss, interference, modification or disclosure. We are not responsible or liable for the content, behaviour or policies of third party sites. Furthermore, you acknowledge that there is a risk that material downloaded from the website may contain viruses, worms or other defects or devices. GPHQ Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any damages to or interference with your computer or device used in connection with the website.
We have an SSL certificate. Stripe is also used on GPHQ and has its own encryption for payment details. We have a managed hosting environment and do not give FTP or CPanel access to clients or third parties to ensure access is limited to authorised parties only.
Destruction of Personal Information-
Destruction of personal information. Once users are deleted & any back ups of the site are overwritten, details would no longer exist.
Accessing the information we hold about you and changes to your account information
You have the right to request access to the personal information GPHQ holds about you and the right to request for correction of the personal information GPHQ holds about you in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth). You can direct such requests to email@example.com.
You can update your account information at any time or correct any incorrect information we hold about you. Please contact us if you require any assistance with this at firstname.lastname@example.org. cannot unsubscribe from service announcements.
If you wish to make a complaint or regarding this policy, please contact email@example.com.